10.29.2015

Behind the Art with Felecia

Greetings, my friends!

Today I'm posting my last project from Inside Out's True Story kit. 

For my final project, I reflected on a question asked by my nine-year old son - What is my big dream. 

I found it disturbing, because I had no answer.

So, I thought for right now, it would be really good to document the fact that at this stage of my life, there is no big dream in my works.

I started with the white cardstock because I felt like this deserved some messy mists. I used two of Heidi Swapp's mists from my stash to set up my background. 

The words on this My Minds Eye journal card spoke precisely the words I needed into my thoughts about not having a big dream.

As I said in my Behind the Art post for my Be Moved project, I find the butterfly a common image I use in projects about growth or metamorphosis...And this certainly seemed like the right place.

I've apparently grown out of some of the dreams I had earlier in my life and I'm transitioning to new things...

The journal cards make perfect tuck-behinds, so I cut them up and slipped them in where they seemed to go.

Before I went on to the butterflies, I used the distress marker to outline my page. 


My particular rub on set included the perfect title phrase...this is all about my true story right here and right now...I also broke one up to use in the top and bottom corners to draw your eye across the page at an angle.


The die-cute butterflies are so amazing. I like to make them appear as though they are lifting off the page, heading into flight. To do this, I put a triangle of dimensional adhesive under each wing, but adhere the center to my page with quick drying adhesive.


As a final project, this feels so right, to set a course for big dreams and new things to add to my story. Perhaps its time for me to work on the next direction of my trajectory...

Peace, ya'll.


No comments: