3.11.2015

Behind the Art with Jen

This month's kit word just speaks to me right now... BRAVE!  At different times in my life, I've felt invincible and other times I've felt vulnerable.  Bravery comes from pushing through the fear, uncertainty and failures.  It's only when you overcome something difficult that you become stronger.
 In my entire life, I never enjoyed working out.  I was actually scared that I would look stupid or fail at it.  I was afraid to try something that was hard.   Why did I start at 40 years old then?  Why is it less scary?  It's not, it was just that I wasn't so afraid anymore.  I decided it was time to try something new.  Something I thought I could never do. 
 Taking a chance is difficult... it might not work out.  Then, you might have wasted that energy and time.  However, if you don't try something that scares you, you might regret it later.  I think in this case, I wanted to see if I could do it.  So, I started running even though I'd never tried to run before.  I joined a training program that made it fun and less scary!  It was one of the best things I have done!


 I never thought I'd enjoy running and certainly didn't think of myself as a runner, but I do now!  It was scary but now I can't believe it's been a year since I started and I've stuck with it!  I actually like it!
 Do you run from the things that scare you or do you face them head on?  What have you overcome? Sometimes the things we think that we can't do, we can and we do them well!

1 comment:

bonnie b said...

and just look at all the benefits - new friends, new outlook and new body - woo hoo