12.26.2012

Hand Cut with Mary Jo Rhoda


A common thread I noticed in all of my pages using this month's Release kit, is how I love to cut pieces from patterned paper!


For Set Them Free, I cut a sunburst style block from the "Chestnut Boutique" paper by Crate Paper. The line also has a fabulous piece of patterned paper with faux tape strips on it (Pistachio Market). I actually hand cut several of those pieces for a different layout as well! The white boxes for my journaling and title were cut from the American Crafts "Think Good Thoughts" paper. Very handy and easy!


I cut a large flower from the "Almond Grove" patterned paper by Crate Paper to accent my photo in this simple style layout. I loved the large floral paper, but found it hard to use in large portions. And now I have several smaller flower embellishments all cut from one single piece of paper.


More faux washi tape strips cut from the "Pistachio Market" paper by Crate Paper.


And finally, the big one! Lots of hexagon shapes cut from the "Tradition" patterned paper by Cosmo Cricket.


I just love using bits and pieces of my patterned papers to use as embellishments!
Have you tried hand cutting portions of your kit papers to use as embellishments?

2 comments:

Katie said...

This is great! I love your hand cut embellishments. I have never really tried it (correction: I have tried and always failed!) But I just bought new scissors that I think will help, I only had the regular big kind before!

Unknown said...

Love all of your Lo's!!
They are all amazing!!
TFS!!