9.29.2015

Behind the Art with Melissa and some news

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday,

I have a fun page to share with you all today. It's one that encapsulates how I embrace my inner-child today.  There was a time when I would have had some bad feelings when thinking about my childhood. Yes, I had fun but, it also was a time of my life when some not so good things happened to me. So, it has affected me.

Up until several years ago.

After going through an amazing time of healing, I can finally embrace the good parts of my inner child. I can be a freak and do silly things and have FUN! I can break rules and "learn through my play". I've also learned the "child like" doesn't have to equal immature. I think there is a certain amount of wisdom when it comes to tapping into your inner-child. Laughter and being willing to learn and grow takes maturity and wisdom.

And that's how I want to live my life. Carefree. Being ME and not worrying about what others think. Being a wild child. Getting dirty and walking barefoot in the grass. And, yes, even breaking the rules from time to time.


I did a fun design with this page to create lots of movement and texture. I wanted it to almost be overstimulating but, not quite. And, the photo of me was perfect to include because that was a super fun moment with my Aunt. Two grown women... breaking the rules! (We didn't really stand or lean over...)


I also have some news to share. 

If you didn't know already, I have been part of the Inside Out family since July 2010. It has been an amazing 5 years of growth, creativity, building beautiful relationships and empowering others to utilize the tools of the scrapbooking trade to better their lives. I have and will always be a HUGE supporter of this approach and I absolutely love the direction Inside Out is taking. It's truly exciting.

As with life, though, things can suddenly take a different turn than expected. While I thought this would be a place I'd never, ever leave, there have been some new roles in my personal life and I'm afraid I have to let some things go. It saddens and excites me all at the same time!

So, this is my last post here for Inside Out. Thank you Rachel for being an amazing boss! I have so loved learning from you and being inspired by you. It has been an honor to be your Lead Artist and Social Media gal. I'm so glad that stepping down from this role does NOT mean I'm leaving entirely. I'll still be around social media sharing my creations and finding out the latest and greatest in this crazy industry. I'll also remain in our members group because, again, I'm completely 100% supportive of this approach and I love to be part of it and encouraging others in their journey.

Signing out,
Melissa




1 comment:

Jessica Ann Lane said...

I've really enjoyed reading your posts Melissa. Sad to see you go but wish you luck in your endeavors.