8.18.2015

Behind the Art with Melissa

Hello and happy Tuesday!

Melissa here with a page using the August kit Live Your Dream

This page is about a very specific dream that I had. It had been on my heart to start an online ministry. One that geared towards empowering women to share their story. It seemed like something too big for me and it took several months of talking with friends and spending lots of time in prayer before I felt confident enough to step out in faith.

And that, to me, is what living your dream is all about. Stepping out in faith. If you believe in a higher power then, it's about trusting that power to hold you through and guide you. If you don't then, it's about believing in yourself and trusting your gut. 

Sometimes, we step out and those dreams come crashing down around us. It's up to me, at that point, to decide whether I'm going to become recluse and hide from the world OR dust myself off and keep trying. 

This particular dream that I've put into reality hasn't been easy. There have been times I've thought about throwing in the towel but, each time I think about giving up, it just doesn't sit well with me. Which, leads me to believe I've got to keep at it. 


Hearts have the central focus of this page. 

Why? Because I am a firm believer that our dreams and acts of faith are a matter of the heart. Yes, the brain is involved but, man... dreaming those big dreams and feeling that "juju" deep inside... well, that's always been the heart for me. I am a heart thinker. That means emotion has a major role in what I set out to do. You better believer there have been lots of tears through this journey. Tears of pain, joy, sadness, grief, excitement, overwhelming peace, etc., etc. Good and soul-growing stuff!



I love using the paper clip on this page. A normal paper clip is what you use to keep papers together. They aren't stapled so, you can easily take out, add, etc. But, they are held firmly together, nonetheless. I like using the cute paper clip on this page because I hold my dreams tightly - especially this one. But, I live it out in such a way that has me prepared for any changes down the road. Life is an ever changing journey. Passions change and seasons chance. Dreams change. I don't want to lose sight of the big picture but, I also want to cling to what is right in front of me too - in this moment. 

I'm thankful for dreams turned into reality. 

There is a lot to be said about a person when that happens. 

Are you stepping out in faith and confidence today?

Make those dreams happen girl!




No comments: