8.19.2015

Behind the Art with Jen

Hi Artsy friends! 

Jen here to share one of my favorite pages from the Live Your Dream kit this August!

 I immediately was drawn to this painterly dots paper from the kit and knew exactly what photo I wanted to use!  It's a photo that was taken in the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft booth from last CHA.  I had worn heels all day and by the last hour, I took them off for some relief but kept right on demonstrating and helping others create! I didn't think anyone would notice my bare feet on that white sumptuous carpet!  A friend took this photo and shared it with me!  I was at first embarrassed to be caught with a less-than-professional shot but laughed because it totally was the photo that summed up that week!  Full of creation and feet aching!

I'd like to think that I created inspiration for the people that came to the booth looking to see the newest mediums and colors.  I absolutely LOVE working with their products and demonstrating their awesomeness is easy for me!  It was a thrill to hear people thank me and get excited about what they created and the products!
 I used some Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products on this page too.  The "create" was created with Whipped Spackle through the stencil from the kit! I did that three times around the page.  Threes are good in that they create a visual triangle that pleases the eye and brings the viewer around the area. The scribbles and splatters were created with the Stamper's Bit Brush pen in Black & PITT Artist pen in Gold and Black.
 I
 I'm so drawn to circles and all of these colorful circles made me so happy!  I added some scribbly ones with the pens to create landing points for the viewer's eyes and some flair!  The puffy stickers were also a favorite so some of those went on the circles and I scribbled around them.
 Aren't those letters adorable?  I love the artsy feel they gave the page without being too in-your-face about it!  They are super sweet!  Here's a close up of the pen. I added a bit of Texture Luxe too in there just for the gold splatters.  I love this page.  It sends me back to last January and all the fun, memories, and friends I made at CHA Anaheim!  I hope I inspired you to get that pen out and scribble on your pages! 


No comments: