8.04.2015

Behind the Art with Melissa

I am very aware that I'm a dreamer. I'm constantly living in a state of visualizing my future or dreaming up ideals of scenarios that could or should happen. It's part of who I am. In the past, it was an escape. Now, I use it to catapult myself and launch into stepping out and making those dreams reality. 

It can be lots of fun.

It can be extremely frustrating.

But, it's me and I've learned to embrace it and value it.


I really wanted to use this kit to it's full potential. When I saw the patterns from the Pinkfresh Studio papers, I loved all the movement. It reminded me of my dreams and how random and chaotic they can be. But, strangely enough, in the midst of that chaos, there is order too.

I grabbed the paper with the large lines and used that for the backdrop. Sure, it adds a bit of chaos but, to me, lines symbolize stability and direction. Then, I added the layer of circles. I cut strips of them from the pattern paper to layer behind my photo. Circles remind me of bubbles and bouncy balls. They are all over the place. But, someone usually catches one. Right? The same with my dreams... and how I make them reality.


Stars were a fun element to bring into this page. Something I've really grabbed onto is that my dreams are part of who I am. And I've gained confidence in myself so, the natural thing to do is SHINE. (Hey! Like our kit last month!) Plus, don't you think of the stars and the moon and all kinds of dreamy nightscapes when it comes to the theme of DREAM? 

So, am I livin' the dream right now? I think I'm living a dream that I couldn't have come up with on my own. My life is pretty awesome right now and I'm enjoying every minute of it. It far exceeds my dreams. 

Grab an August LIVE YOUR DREAM kit, from Inside Out Visual Journaling, today! Explore and express your inner thoughts, dreams, hopes, desires and loves. It's easy. It's amazing. It's healing. 


No comments: