6.05.2015

Welcome Guest Designer: Heather Adams

Hi there! 

I'm Heather Adams, a 20 year old college student. I am currently going to school for graphic design, and I love it. I love documenting the little things in life. I enjoy making just about anything you can create with paper-- cards, layouts, Project Life pages, you name it! Besides scrapbooking, I enjoy traveling, shopping, and photography. I also have a 16-year-old sister that I love doing things with. 


Right now, I can truly say that I am happy with my life. I used to have a lot of anxiety and sadness over how events in my life were turning out, but now I can honestly say that I am happy. Not much as changed, but I think my attitude has. And of course I couldn't resist putting a photo on my page of me holding scrapbook supplies! Because, hey, that makes me super happy too.


I used the stencil included in this month's kit for the "happy" in my title. I colored it in with the Cracked Pistachio distress marker. You can tell that it looks a little like watercolors. So how did I do that, you might ask? I colored on a clear acrylic stamping block with the marker and then picked up the color with my waterbrush. After that, I filled in the letters through the stencil with the ink. After I colored the letters, I went around each one with the fine tip of the Cracked Pistachio marker. That color is so pretty and so is the stencil!


My favorite embellishment on this page is the large geotag card. I added the sticker that says "where I want to be" and I think it's just perfect. Yes, being happy is right where I want to be. The little "happy camper" tab was perfect too, I thought.

Visit Heather:



No comments: