4.08.2015

Behind the Art with Jen


 This is not me in this photo... but a friend took this photo of a young dancer and it made me think of the theme this month "Soft & Strong"... I look at this photo and see a strong but very feminine figure.  It made me think of what makes us uniquely female.   The capacity to love, care for, and empathy towards others. BUT we are strong too in so many ways... giving birth, raising children (you know that is not easy!), relationships, and overcoming difficult situations.  Whether it's something horrible that has happened to you, work related struggles (perhaps in a man-dominated work environment), relationship issues, or violence, we cope and can be so strong when we need to be or others need us to be.

For this page, I wanted to create a beautiful background.  I used the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Design Memory Craft Gelatos® Double Scoop® Color  in Guava on a craft mat with water added.  It made a puddle of color.  I placed the white cardstock face down on the puddle and kept repeating until I covered what part I wanted.

 After drying with a heat gun, I placed the Crafter's Workshop feather mask over part of the page.  I sprayed with the Fireworks Sweet Plum spray from our Energy Kit a few months back.  I removed the mask and used it to trace another feather over the dried area.  I used a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Essential PITT Artist Pen in black to add some details and sketchy look to it. 
 I also did the journaling with the same pen! 
 I had cut some banner pieces for another of my pages for this month and had these leftover triangles.  I used them throughout the page.


 I like the contrast between the papers, patterns, and soft colors.  It reflects the feel of the page and my sentiments for this month's kit!  I will be back next week to share another page from this month's Inside Out Visual Journaling kit!

No comments: