3.25.2015

Behind the Art with Jen


"What does not kill us, makes us stronger"...  I always thought that statement was one that resonates with times that are challenging.  Not that I believe you have to be on death's door to appreciate your strength, but I think we understand our strength better when we have difficult things to overcome.

For this page, I was thinking of times when I've been scared to start, scared to go forward, or just scared to succeed for fear it would change things too much.  It's strange how our minds work.  When I think fear can either hold us back or push us into action.  Professionally, when I am most nervous to start something new or fight for what I believe in, it pushes me to do what makes me scared.  


This page was a happening... Something that started with a mess.  I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gesso to add some white and drips to the Kraft cardstock. It just kept running and I kept adding more or moving it around.  When it finally dried, it left a big area that I needed to add some color to!
 I pulled out the new Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Texture Luxe in gold to create some painterly brush strokes.  I loved how it stood out from the Gessoed areas.
 Then I sprayed some of the color ink over the whole area.  It was gorgeous!
  Using the stencil from the kit and a white pen, I added some circles around the page. 
 Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle was used through the stencil to create some dimensional circles.  I love the texture this adds to the page!


 This page was all about using fear to create something new or accomplish tasks that I might not feel so confident about, but in the end I feel strong and brave when I do accomplish it!  Each time I do what I think can't be done, I grow stronger!  Fear doesn't have to hold you back, it can empower you to move forward too!






No comments: