2.10.2015

Behind the Art with Melissa

Hello and happy Tuesday!

Okay, so I'm going to need you to bear with me here. I know this can be a touchy issue for those going through recovery. But I'm all about being real and honest. I'm not apologizing and, at the same time, I just want to give you the warning. I'm talking about libations here...

As I was going through Instagram, as I often do when preparing these pages, I noticed a plethora of photos I took of my libations and cocktails. I'm not a heavy drinker but, I do enjoy something tasty after a long day at work. Naturally, I had to record this.

Now, I'm not sure how conducive this is to restoration but, I will say, I usually feel pretty relaxed and find myself enjoying the time with my friends on these evenings (and every blue moon... an afternoon!)


I pulled a lot of the lighter colors and butterflies for this page because this isn't a heavy subject matter for me. It's suppose to be light hearted and, gasp, humorous. I'm kind of teasing myself too because of all the photos I found I took of my cocktail nights.

But, honestly, those times are so important to me when it comes to restoring my brain and allowing the stress to dissipate.



So, what is it for you? Tea? Ooooh... chamomile tea... See? That does it for me too. I feel relaxed just thinking about it. Or maybe you love your water and a good book to go with. 

Take time for YOU! 



No comments: