2.11.2015

Behind the Art with Jen

When I turned 40, I realized that all my life I was always working at losing weight for whatever reason or another.  I would beat myself up about having a bad food day or feel guilty about it all.  Now I realize that each day is a chance to make good choices... it's all up to me and my mindset.  If I make bad choices, I feel bad BUT tomorrow is a new day.  I choose to live life in a healthy way now. I don't want all the junk that makes me feel bad or guilty.  If I want to splurge, it has to be worth it to me. I don't want to feel bad about my choices. So, if I see a dessert and it is my favorite (key lime pie or birthday cake) then I will not deprive myself, but if it's just convenient or there and I don't really love it, then it's not worth the calories!  It's not worth the regret I will feel over it.  It's about realistic choices.
My daily life is full of family, responsibilities, work, my art, and the activities that keep me healthy and feeling good.  I don't feel guilty about taking time to myself to workout, take karate, or run. Those times are my escape, renewal and "me" time!  I used to hate working out and getting sweaty. Now, I schedule it in like a meeting... I need it!  When I don't workout for a couple days, I am antsy and agitated.
 


 It's not just food or workout choices.  I have to choose to be positive or negative.  Do I respond with love and understanding to others or be impatient or unkind?  I have the power to change my mindset and control what I say and do.  No one else can do that.  But my choices do have an effect on my daily mental attitude.  I need to take care of myself so I can take care of others! 
 Is there something in your life that renews you?  What is the something that gives you strength and keeps you motivated?

No comments: