12.30.2014

Behind the Art with Melissa

Can you believe it is already the end of the year? Forget end of the month... in just a short amount of time, we're going to beginning a brand new year. Mind boggling.

Before we close out the month, I've got one more page to share with you using the Authentic kit.

This page is all about recording how refreshing it is to have friends in my life who I can be my true, authentic self around. In fact, they bring it out in me. That's legit friendship right there.



 I wanted lots of linear strength for this page. When I read the title, I think about rap music and how it's "in yo face". My friendships can be summed up like that. We're real. Usually up to no good. But, more importantly, it's legit. There is no wishy washy, are you really my friend business.

So this layout is very clean. Very bold. Straightforward.

Just like my friendships.



The heart stencil in the kit, I truly loved. But, I decided to do something with it I've not done before. I traced it and then it became a physical part of my page. There is a bit of symbolism with that, too, I suppose. I know I won't be able to use that stencil again but, it's permanently part of a layout that packs a punch for me. Making friends didn't always come easy to me and now, the ones I find legit, are the ones I cling to. They hold a piece of my heart. And I wanted to literally attach that stencil to my page to symbolize that.


Thanks for swinging by today! 

Get ready because it's just about that time for a new visual journaling kit! I'm excited for you all to see it and learn about it!



No comments: