11.10.2014

Behind the Art with Stacey

Happy November!  This is the month of Thanksgiving!  A time to reflect on blessings.  This month's kit is perfect for thinking about how lucky I have been in life.  I made a page about one of my greatest blessings, my husband.

 
I was drawn to the Thank My Lucky Stars journaling card.  It sums up how I feel about my marriage.  I like to use a bold statement on a page, usually one based on typography, so my feelings really pop out.  I used this selfie alongside my card, staggering them.
 
 
I used the cork word, blessed, because it is large and colorful.  I really like the rounded edges since I have many straight lines on the page.  I layered it with the scalloped edge that has the heart on it.  I also balanced out the title with the cork stars.

 
I used the pretty blue because I loved the contrast against the gray cardstock.  I purposefully cut a strip of the heart paper and put it across the top.  I chose other fun elements like the Happy cutout and the ticket.  I pick elements that convey my message.
 
I added journaling to record my thoughts about serendipity.  It kinda just happened with Steve.  And it was when I least expected it.  Here we are eleven years later, happier than ever.  I call that lucky.
 
 

No comments: