11.20.2014

Behind the Art with Felecia

How do you measure "luck"? or for me blessing? 

I mean, if I were to take a look at MANY of the lives around me, I might think THEY were more blessed than me...

And, oh, my goodness, isn't that the easiest thing in the world to do?

I have a confession to make right here...I'm somewhat addicted to celebrity lives and lifestyles. Its a terrible, terrible thing to waste my time on. But I love looking at so-and-so's new house and who's wearing what on the red carpet and who's performance last night on that awards show was the best. 

With an addiction like that, you can see how easy it would be for me in particular to get wrapped up in all the great things happening on somebody else's journey. 

And I won't lie...sometimes I do wish I had just one pair of Christian Louboutin shoes and an Hermes bag...

But at the end of the day, I can only measure my blessings against my own journey. 

I wanted to use every single paper in this kit...the colors just spoke to me...it has SO much LIFE. so, I layered the bright and gorgeous papers over one another...as though perhaps you could see the past eras of my life behind that picture.

Incidentally, that picture was taken by my cell phone in my hotel room and then printed at the local Staples store just hours before it was used on this layout...which, considering that I was reflecting on my own journey was a really cool "and this is NOW" kind of effect.


The background paper is AH-MA-ZING! I rubbed a gray ink over it to bring up the wood grain texture. I was looking for some subtlety as well as a solid, foundational-feeling background. 

My life - so much good stuff...REALLY...No Hermes bag, but upon reflection, my journey has been pretty darn amazing. It seems worthy of a celebratory sprinkle of sequins and some bunting. 



And the statement that THIS is indeed "the good stuff"!

Peace, ya'll!


No comments: