6.17.2014

Behind the Art with Melissa

Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing a page that documents my past, when it comes to Direction.

Life is a journey and each step we take is a choice. We're presented with opportunities everyday and it's definitely like following a map, of sorts. Which direction will we choose? What choice will we make? Will I go with chocolate or vanilla? Take the high road or the low road? Caffiene or decaf? Move or stay put? 

So many choices.

As I look back and ponder different crossroads in my life, I have no regrets. 

I haven't always felt that way, though. What changed was, the perspective that each choice has helped shape me into the person I am today. And I like who I am! 


I used a lot of embellishments from the kit this month. Arrows and chevrons showcase movement and a constant flow of life. We're never stopping. Every day is an opportunity or decision. (Will I hit snooze again or not? Haha!)  

I used plenty of the travel icons, such as the globes and geo tags. I've done lots of moving and traveling. Part of me wonders what it would have been like to stay put but, that's just not my personality. I get bored. I need a change of scenery. So no regrets there.


To me, the globe and suitcase also symbolize the journey in my life. I don't think I've every, truly, felt settled. There is always an underlying feeling of unrest. Not in a negative way. I just never feel like I'm going to be in the same place for very long. 



I placed the title at the top to make it firm - there are NO regrets. I love the font and texture of these alphas. They are weathered, rough and still bold. Such a strong statement to how I feel!


There are still a few Direction kits left. Grab yours here!




No comments: