6.19.2014

Behind the Art with Heather

Hey there! It's Heather here again to share with you a layout I made with this month's kit!








I am kind of in love with all of the 3x4 cards in this kit. :) So I just HAD to make a layout with just those cute cards. I wanted to make something a little different, so I went for an 8.5x11 inch page. And it just so happens that I had trimmed a little off the map paper that I wanted to use for the background and it only worked sideways. I just went with it! ;) 

This page all started from the "life is good" card that is on the page of "Mon Ami" journaling cards in the kit. It got me to thinking about my life. And how I am pretty satisfied with the direction I'm going right now. Satisfied that I have a nice calm life. 'Cause I know someday it won't be like this. 

My journaling reads: "I'm pretty satisfied with where I am in life right now. Sometimes I get antsy on days that are super lazy, stay-at-home-all-day days. I like doing stuff. I want to TRAVEL. But I read somewhere that "it's okay to live a calm life." A crazy calm life, yes. Haha. Seems like this year has flown by so far. So I'm trying to enjoy this stage in my life." (Of course I had to add in that I want to TRAVEL because one, I want to travel. And two, there are so many cute traveling icons in this month's kit! Blends perfectly.)

I wrote straight on my layout because I think it's important to include a part of YOU on your pages. And it's not even my neatest handwriting. But who cares! I didn't mess up while I was writing it, and to me that is a big achievement. ;)

I used some arrows (the paperclip, cork arrow, and hand doodled arrows) to convey the theme of direction. And notice they're going in different directions. Yeah, I'm not sure where I'm going. Then I also used the little wood veneer bike to symbolize taking a journey. Those wood veneer pieces are ADORABLE. Then probably my favorite piece of symbolism on this page is the cute little geotag I used to pinpoint about where I live on the awesome Jillibean Soup map background! 

So how about you? Are you satisfied with life right now? Is life good for you? 

Thanks for joining me for another "Behind the Art" post! 





No comments: