4.15.2014

Behind the Art with Melissa

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing with you a layout that embraces the women in my life that I can always count on. The TRUE friends. The ones that I would invite to my birthday parties for the rest of my life. 

I used a photo for this layout from a birthday dinner that has been a favorite night... a favorite memory... one that still makes me smile and want to relive it. It was a night with women I respect, admire, would do anything for and I gosh darn hope it's reciprocated. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to call them up or take them up on an invite to hand out. 


The "glamper" paper from our kit reminded me of a camping trip with girlfriends. Naturally, this was the paper I was gravitated towards for recording a page with this photo. And I wanted this page to sparkle as much as possible!  Lots of sequins and I used some of the brighter colors from the kit too.


The reason I used the staples on this layout are two-fold. The first reason is for practicality sake. I needed a way to keep the metal embellishments down on the paper and I didn't really want to have the "glue-bleed" look underneath. The second reason is because I like how stapling can symbolize permanence... commitment... togetherness. And that's what I wanted to exude on this page. 


I love these wood pennant embellishments too! The symbolism I grabbed from these was permanence and celebration. Wood has that wonderful symbolic nature of stability and grounded-ness. I also love the pennant shape. 


Arrows give direction for our eyes. They point us in the direction we need or should go. I wanted to direct the attention to the goofiness of the photo. 


Fussy cutting! I love the words on this sign post. I love how they show that no matter what direction you take, fun will ensue! And that is how I feel about this group of ladies. No matter where we go, what we do, stage of life, etc... we'll find ways to have fun, smile and laugh. 

Here's to more fabulous birthday celebrations with these fabulous women!




No comments: