4.17.2014

Behind the Art with Heather: Celebrate Life

It's Heather here with another layout for this month! 







First, I want to give you the behind-the-scenes story about these photos I used on this layout. My sister curled my hair one night (she loves doing hair) and so I wanted her to take some photos of it so I could see what it looked like. It ended up I turned on some music and was dancing around between posing silly for pictures. I guess since I am normally behind the camera taking the photos, I like having someone else take photos of just me! So these were some really fun photos that I got. I actually printed 8 photos to use on this page. And when I was putting it all together, I was like, "Whoa! Too much Heather!" So I narrowed it down to 5 pics. ;)

Looking at this month's Pinterest board inspired me to create a really fun and airy layout about celebrating life and all the great things that make life fun. The "Celebrate" kit this month fit exactly the mood that I was wanting to convey. Very bright and spring-y colors and fun little elements to add in. Plus my photos were perfect for a page like this. Photos are key in making meaningful layouts! 

My journaling reads, "Life is pretty amazing… lately I have been learning to celebrate the little things in life. Can you say 'dance party'?"

Life is to be celebrated. The little things in life. Like flowers. And bike rides. And nice weather. And cupcakes. I could go on and on… I think it's important to document our little reasons for celebration! 

Probably my favorite symbolism I used on this page was the awesome bicycle die cut I got in my kit. I immediately thought of "life is a journey" and of course, you can take a little trip on a bike if you'd like! So I thought that would be super fun to include on this layout. I fussy-cut out the flowers from the "You're Invited" paper from the Party Time line from Webster's Pages and added them to the top left and bottom right sections of the layout because, well, flowers represent LIFE! So I thought that would fit perfectly on a page about celebrating LIFE! And of course I used some stars too as symbols of celebration.

So there it is! Page #3 of the month! Be sure to join me next Thursday for my last behind-the-art for this month! :)


1 comment:

katie said...

I love the little stars you added, because to me, Stars always mean celebrate!

This whole layout is just lovely!