3.12.2014

Behind the Art with Jen

Hi again!  It's time for me to share another of my pages this month.  This was my last page that I created but it turned out to be my favorite!  My idea for this layout was to convey my shaky confidence at times. We all have those moments where we put on a happy face even though we feel insecure inside. 
 I loved this paper  but needed to add some drama to it.  I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos® in Metallic Mint and some spray inks. I also used Gesso and Chalk Board Paint to splatter and drip. 
 

 

 The photo frames in the kit are awesome!  I wanted to use them to frame the photo of myself without distracting too much.  I loved the prints on them but after playing around with placement, I decided to turn them over and use the white side!  It was perfect and worked with this layout.  I know the prints would have worked on a quieter background but for this layout it didn't work.   I layered a few of them on the printed side but most were white.
I used the wooden tag that says "Love" and the sticker that says "my life" as a title. I do love my life but sometimes I doubt my abilities and if I'm honest, I am afraid I can't follow through with the talent I know I have.  It's hard to be confident all the time... we all have doubts and tell ourselves lies that aren't based in fact but rather fear.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is amazing! I love how you can take the kit contents and relate them to your emotion so well! And I know most of us can relate to you. Big time!