2.27.2014

Enjoy the Journey (Behind the Art)

Heather here with my last, but not least, layout for this month! 







I shared a little bit about the emotional side of this layout in out blog hop we had a couple of weeks ago, so if you're interested in that, you can check it out on my blog.

This layout was really fun to put together. I knew I wanted to make a collage of different patterns from the kit and then I also wanted to add some of the frames from the stencil. Then I got the bright idea to use gesso and glitter with the stencil to add some POW to the page. First, I just want to say that I do not like glitter. Albeit, I love the effect. I think it looks fabulous on the grey/black watercolored paper. 

I also added some glitter to the feathers and dreamcatcher on the background paper. I actually used stickles with the glitter on those so I wouldn't have white showing through the glitter, like on the stenciled frames. I liked the white on the frames, just not on the feathers. 

I love the variety of fonts on the Glitz Design "Wild & Free" alpha sheet that comes in the kit. I used a couple of the fonts to make the title, along with the awesome "Emma" Thickers. 

I wrote my journaling straight on to my layout with a black pen from American Crafts. At first, I I had written "current goals" and it looked really bad… so, I used the white galaxy pen to scribble over it and then once that dried, I wrote "current goals" again. I think it looks kinda cool how it ended up! 

There are so many cute embellishments in this kit. I used the quote bubble paper clip on this layout, along with one of the awesome camera transparency pieces. I love that there are so many colors in the patterned papers and embellishments. Paired with the grey and black, the bright colors look amazing. 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed learning a bit about my layout!





No comments: