2.24.2014

Behind the Art with Stacey

Hi everyone!  We are just loving the kit this month and hope you are too.  The theme is intention, which is one powerful word.  I truly believe in the idea of intention and how it leads us in life.  My first layout celebrates my word of the year.  Each year, I chose one word that I try to focus on and incorporate in my life.  This year my word is whisper.  I explained why in the journaling on the page.

I was really drawn to the feathers and the strong natural colors in the kit.  It seemed earthy and gave me a sense of zen.    I love the watercolors and knew I wanted the green and blue as my base.

 
When choosing the page elements, I was drawn to the feather card.  Whispers are soft and airy, quite like the feather.  To enhance the theme, I cut a couple of more feathers and layered them.  I also placed down the dream catcher behind the cards and overly because it fits the idea of achieving my goal. 
 

The way those birds are soaring from the feather....swoon!  I really wanted to carry that same feel throughout the top of the page to join the title to the photo.  I used the white marker in the kit along with the stencils to make tiny hearts, stars and circles.  I randomly placed the stencil along and through the title area.

The title was cut from a journaling card...how perfect is that saying!  The technique of using the marker really grounds the title.
 
 
I ended with my journaling.  I drew lots of lines so I could record why the word whisper means so much to me this year. 
 
 
I believe that writing down my intentions and sharing them here will make them come to fruition.  There is power in words!

What is your word of the year?  We would love to see you document it on your next page!



No comments: