11.13.2013

What makes a person wise?

Welcome everyone to Behind the Art with Kiki! I'm glad you dropped by to visit to check out another layout done with the incredible Wisdom kit.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. This kit was chock full of wonderful papers and embellishments and was a joy to use for my assignment this month. I thought this week I'd show you the layout I created called Wisdom is Fleeting.

I would have to say that this kit challenged me to think outside the box about the wisdom theme. It would have been easier for me probably to find a group of memes on Facebook or Pinterest that highlight wise quotes or sayings. But I really wanted to think about wisdom and how I felt about it. It took me a while to reflect on wisdom and how it fits in my life, or in some cases, doesn't. In this case, I decided to take a look at whether or not I could truly say that wisdom was a part of my life, my personality. And I'll be honest...I just didn't know at the time. 

From the November Wisdom kit

For whatever reason, this year's birthday was the one that struck me as a milestone because I felt older. My brother would probably laugh and say that I was officially middle-aged. But it truly made me feel like my life was now different somehow, and that by now, I should have life figured out, and show that in my thoughts and actions. Only when I thought about it, I realized that I couldn't really say or not whether I had acquired wisdom in my more recent years. 

This kit had some great embellishments to help me express how I was feeling. This was a layout about my life, documented. Life should be a great adventure, delightful, full of joyous memories. And I realized that often young people view life this way, but the young are often considered foolish. Age is supposed to bring wisdom - so was I now wise?


And in the end, this small ticket, this one small embellishment in the kit was what spoke to me about true wisdom. It doesn't matter how young or old you are to understand the wisdom in that one ticket. Life is too short to be worrying about whether you are living your life the way others think you should. You need to live life your way and choose to be happy on your own terms, not someone else's terms. So if I have my foolish moments and don't seem like such a wise middle-aged woman, from time to time, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, unless I am happy with my life. And the starting point for true happiness is to choose to be happy. What wise but simple words.


Visit my blog!



No comments: