10.16.2013

Behind the Scenes - A sense of belonging


Hi everyone! Kiki here to dish up my Behind the Scenes on the Belonging kit! What a gorgeous kit it was to work with. Fresh and new papers and embellishments. I adored this kit!

using the amazing Belonging kit!




What prompted you to pick this take on Belonging?
When I got into digital scrapbooking, then into mixed media, all my association with other creative people was over the internet. There isn't anything wrong with that but there was just something about the energy and joy that everyone was sharing at this particular crop that made me feel that it portrayed belonging. And to me when you feel like you belong you really have joy!

Why did you choose this photo?
I think that when I looked at pictures of me at a scrapbook crop, I immediately felt that they were perfect for this kit. And I feel like you can really tell that we were having a lot of fun together. It just felt like it was all about belonging.

How do you feel about the message of your layout?
The message of this layout is definitely about joy and laughter, about the effects of belonging to something bigger than myself. Everyone feels that need I think, whether it's spirituality, friendship, bonding. Everyone feels a need for that, and when you've found it, it lightens your spirit.

What symbolism did you pull into your design?
The dots, the circles, it all felt right when it comes to belonging. When people gather together into a group, and share their passion, their joy, their lust for life, it not only brings them joy, but also provides energy to those that might be lacking it. Belonging to me feels like a circle. When you've found your place, not only will you feel fulfilled, but you will feel like you are nourishing something too.The different sized circles represent how you can be part of many groups of different sizes, but still belong to each one all the same. They aren't mutually exclusive, which is why I layered two circles.

Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page.
It feels really good to have it down on a page about what scrapbooking has brought me. Not only do I express myself more freely scrapbooking and art journaling, but others can see what it means to me too.


Thanks for joining me on this great ride! Until next time!

http://kiki-halbert.blogspot.ca/

No comments: