3.05.2012

March Guest Designer: Stacy Cohen

We are so thrilled to have Stacy Cohen joining us this month as Guest Designer. We couldn't have planned a more perfect kit for her to use too. The products and emotion seemed to be the right match. Here is a little bit more about Stacy and she is also sharing one of her layouts with you today.



I live in Los Angeles, California with my loving husband, our two wonderful little daughters, and two cute kitties. My girls are the inspiration for all my creative projects... I call them my little muses.

I started scrapbooking in September of 2004 and I have been hooked ever since.
Scrapbooking is my hobby, passion and creative outlet. I always say, "It's cheaper than therapy!" I'm a very slow scrapper, often spending several nights on one layout. I love to fuss over all the little details and get everything just right. I would define my scrapping style as romantic with a touch of shabby chic. My pages don't feel complete without a flower (or two, or three or four). My work has been published in Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks Etc., Scrapbook Trends, Memory Makers, Somerset Memories, Cards, Simply Handmade, Scrapbook Inspirations, and Scrapbooking m.m. I am on the design teams for Creating Keepsakes and Prima.

Here is one of Stacy's stunning layouts using the GRACE kit.


Background: A few years ago I read an interview with an actress and she talked about the importance of living her live with "grace".  I had to stop and think about what this means in general, and what it means for me personally.   To me, living my life with grace means treating other people with gentleness and kindness.  This has always been one of the rules I live by, and a value that I have instilled in my children since an early age.  Of course I'm not always perfect, but I do strive to treat people the way that I would want to be treated. 

Technique:  I used a dinner plate to trace a circle onto the cardstock, then I painted the circle with gesso. While the gesso was still wet, I sprinkled on some white glitter.  Next I cut out the center squares of the Pink Paislee trellis paper.  I cut a circle out of the trellis paper and adhered it to the gesso/glitter circle with 3D adhesive.  As a final touch, I added liquid pearls to the trellis design. 


Want to see more of Stacys' work using this month's kit? Click here to view the gallery. And to see even MORE Stacy, make sure to visit her blog by clicking here

And mark your calendars! We are having a Design Team blog hop this weekend and Stacy will be joining us! Fun, fun, fun!



1 comment:

Nicole Martel said...

Lovely layout Stacy! It's great having you here with us this month!