12.14.2010

The Wonder of...

Have you ever wondered what is so special about Scrapbooking from the Inside Out?  Let me tell you that besides our simply awesome emotion-focused kits, we provide all kinds of inspiration... and the best part is that it's FREE! 

Let's check a few things out with regard to our December emotion: Wonder.

Journaling Prompts.  They are so helpful.  They give you "food for thought" helping your brain to get moving on certain aspects of the month's theme.  Check this prompt out:
The Big Questions: What do you wonder about most...the meaning of life, why certain things have happened, what happens after we die? What are the big unanswered questions, or unanswerable questions? How much time do you spend on those questions, alone in your own thoughts, or talking to others?
Give it a good, long ponder.    Here, I'll ponder it with you...

...

...

To tell you the truth, I spend quite a bit of time wondering about the meaning of life... why I am here, what is my purpose.  I spend a great deal of time wondering about changes I could or should have made and how they would have affected my present life.  I often take 'lessons' I have learned from these and attempt to "change" how I will react in the future based on what I wish I could have done in the past.  

How could I translate some of this into a layout?  Well, I could certainly write about a past moment that I regretted and then list some possible different things I could have done and the potential consequences of those actions.  I could scrap a layout about a very important moment in my life that defines who I am now, and wonder about the circumstances that caused that moment to happen in the first place.

Those really are some big questions.  Lots of scrapbooking ideas...

Now, check out one of the photos that we have to get those creative juices flowing:



I think this picture could certainly link in with the above journaling prompt.  In fact, I could use this very picture to portray my wondering at how things would have been if I had changed a moment in time.... or how murky the future is depending on the choices I make today.  How I wonder what the future holds...

If you haven't already, check out our Inspiration page for more great content and brain "food".  Dig deep and join us with some of your own Wonder inspired layouts... we'd love to see what you'd like to share!

For now, I'll leave you with this quote from our Inspiration page:

Wonder is what sets us apart from other life forms. No other species wonders about the meaning of existence or the complexity of the universe or themselves.
- Herbert W. Boyer -
Please share with us, how does this wonder quote speak to you?

No comments: