5.22.2009

HOPElessly Devoted to Scrapbooking

Do you remember your first love? What it felt like to be head over heels for someone - you know, in pure, unADULTerated puppy love? I sure do...his name was Jeffrey Friedman, and he was the cutest thing ever! Being the anxious little gal that I was at 12, I never told him how I felt...but in the spirit of embracing the past, I'm speaking my truth. So Jeffrey Friedman from Yeshiva Dov Revel, if you're out there, there it is!

I think Grease was even popular then...so this song meant a lot!




I'm lucky now to be married almost 15 years (wow) and still in love! Then there's the puppy (OK, he's almost 15 too!) who is the canine love of my life.

And in truth, there's no other way to describe my feelings about this craft of Scrapbooking than to call it love. I think about it all the time...when I'm not doing the business of it, I am imagining layouts, jotting down journaling, and thinking about products. A new SB magazine arriving in the mail makes my heart go pitter-patter. When I stay away from scrapbooking too long, I miss it. Seeing everyone's new layouts at the SFTIO gallery fills me with glee! Yup, if this isn't love, I don't know what is.

To tell the truth, it wasn't love at first sight...it was a slow process. It was speeded up by my discovery of the emotional component of the craft. It is unbelievably satisfying to me to put my heart onto a page - it is indeed theraputic, cathartic and makes me feel more clear. It's what make Scrapbooking from the Inside Out my dream come true...

What do you love most about scrapbooking? I'd love to know...

Wishing you a creative holiday weekend here in the US and UK, and a creative 'regular' weekend everywhere else!

Love,

Rachel

No comments: