8.10.2015

Behind the Art with Stacey

This month, I was very inspired by the theme of Live Your Dream.  I figured I could just go all positive, but I wanted to really explore all sides of the concept of dream.  Some dreams can border on fantasy.  Living in a dreamland can skew your perspective and set you others up for unreachable expectations.  I am not trying to be negative, just realistic.

I decided to scrap a page to communicate the idea of having dreams, but also living in the reality of life.  I want my kids to know that there is beauty in everyday moments.



I picked a photo from everyday life, a trip to the grocery store.  Once I saw that the Webster's Pages paper with the journaling cards was in the kit, I knew that I wanted to randomly layer them.  I created my own top border.  I chose words and sentiments that matched my themes.



I added the rain drops and hearts to match my journaling.  I wanted to give them a realistic view of life.  


I want my kids to dream big.  But I also want them to be humble and appreciate the little moments.  There is so much in the everyday.


No comments: