7.15.2015

Behind the Art with Jen

Hi artsy friends!  This page was so fun to make!  I loved all the die cuts and epoxy stickers in the kit and added a few mediums to create texture too.  Here's a look into the way I added shine to this artwork.
 I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's Texture Luxe (from my stash) to rub onto the paper with my fingers. 
Once dry, I used the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pen on a craft mat and adding some Textural Accent Whipped Spackle to create a tinted texture paste to push through the stencil.  I only put it through the sunbeam part.

Scribbling more of the Stamper's Big Brush pen onto a craft mat and adding water created a wash of color that I painted over areas of the paper.
 A stamp from my stash was inked up with the Stamper's Big Brush Pen and added.
Using the Texture Luxe again, I put it through a stencil in the upper corner for more shine! The Stamper's Big Brush pen ink was mixed with some of the Texture Luxe and water added to create the drips.

 I live is Central New York and it's grey and rainy (or snowy for 5 months of the year or more) a lot of the time!  I crave sunshine and the warmth it gives so when summer comes along I try to soak up as much as possible. I often wonder why I stayed in this area, but when summer comes, it's so gorgeous and green here.  We don't worry too much about terrible storms or earthquakes.  Rarely, do we get a tornado or brush fire.  I am lucky that we only really have to deal with rain and a LOT of snow.  Shine on CNY!  We enjoy the sun way more when we don't have it all the time.  Although I really wish we saw it more during the warm months!



 











No comments: