6.10.2015

Behind the Art with Jen


Hi, lovely artists!  I have a page to share with you this week.  I am graduating to my next belt in karate this Friday.  It's exciting and I'm pretty nervous about standing up in front of my peers, family and friends to perform my material.  I know I'll be fine but it still makes me have butterflies.  I'm not afraid, but more excited and hopeful that I perform well!
 A year ago, I wouldn't have believed that I was at this point.  I wouldn't have had the confidence to do this.  I was just starting my journey to a healthy lifestyle. Last February, as I watched my husband and oldest son earn their blackbelt, I realized that I could do this!  I felt that, at that moment, I was starting a journey that would lead to something that I didn't even know I wanted.  Black belt.
 The photos are from my last belt graduation. My dad took the photo of me with my family.  Love that he got that moment!
 I was the last in the family to join karate.  Even though I'd taken KickFit for years and watched my sons and husband take classes, I never thought I'd be doing it.  I tried it and loved it!  It's challenging to learn katas, perform them in front of everyone, and keep up physically.  I can do it!  I am strong!

  
I am kickin' it!  I love it!  What have you done that you didn't think you could but then realize that you can? I'd love to hear about it or see it in a page this month!


No comments: