5.19.2015

Behind the Art with Melissa

I am such a restless person.

It's taken years to get better at slowing down and focusing on the present. It happens so often that I get vision or inspiration for something and I want time to rush by so I can get to the finish line.

It could even be a trip or something that I'm looking forward to. I get so wrapped up in making time go fast that I miss out on all the goodness that is happening now.

I think it makes sense that I've moved so much over the years. But... I always come back too.

So, this month I decided I needed to put some pen to paper and record these thoughts.  I used a photo from a waiting room I was in while waiting for my car to be serviced at the dealership.  I think it's perfect symbolism. Sometimes it's hard to be patient in the "waiting room" of life. But, it's worth it to stop and pause... look around and appreciate what's right in front of our eyes.


I'm thankful that this is something I've learned and am getting better at. Because of this perspective, I'm not able to appreciate life now. It's helped enrich my relationships and my own growth as a woman.


So, while there are things I'm looking forward to, I'm also enjoying my life In The Moment. I'm thankful for what God has blessed me with and I am trying my hardest to appreciate and enjoy all that is right before now... in this moment.


Grab your May kit In The Moment and begin to record you inner thoughts in a creative and therapeutic way!



No comments: