5.21.2015

Behind the Art with Felecia

You cannot be anymore in the moment than right now. My project today from the beautiful In the Moment kit from Inside Out is about just that RIGHT NOW.

I realize that I'm a looking forward sort of person...I live by the calendar and task list...and that takes me out of the moment of now. So, my project is about remembering to stay out of the future and focus on the now.


First of all, the calendars are BLANK...to remind me to stay OUT of the future. 

Believe it or not, the paper on this started out as white cardstock. First, I put a light amount of theFaber Castell Double Scoop Raspberry Gelato on a sponge blender and lightly colored the space where my pics and journaling were to be.

Then I taped off the portion of the stencil I wanted to run down the line. I added a bit more of the Gelato to my sponge blender and colored the stencil heavily.


I thought the colored vertical lines from the We R Memory Keepers Breezy paper would make a great "task list" if turned horizontally. 



I scattered the number circles to give some dimension and also act as "dates" on my calendar. 

I think that staying in the now is something a majority of people struggle with. Our culture is a push forward culture. Move, progress, be organized and act...its lovely to consider slowing down and consciously focusing on what is right in front of me.

Here's to the now!

Peace, ya'll!


No comments: