5.12.2015

Behind the Art with Melissa

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Today I'll be sharing a little bit more about this page:


One thing I've felt challenged on the past year is unrushing. You see, for most of my life, I have felt the need to always have something to look forward to. I've also felt very focused on collecting souvenirs and building up proof of where I've been and what I've accomplished.

You know what I learned from all that? I learned that I missed out.
I missed out on solidifying memories and experiences. I was so focused on collecting something and rushing on to the next adventure, I forgot to stop and enjoy what was happening right then and there.


This kit came at the perfect moment as I've been strengthening my will power to avoid rushing and collecting things to commemorate my life. Those moments are so valuable. 

It kind of supports that good old phrase "stop and smell the roses." When I stop and enjoy, my heart rate slows a little bit, I'm more relaxed and actually have some mental clarity. Wow!  Imagine that!


I used lots of hearts on this page to symbolize self-care and having that loving attitude towards my self. My soul. The photo with my feet is a very symbolic photo. I had gone for a walk that day and decided to park on the bench, put my feet up and just enjoy the scenery for a little bit. 

I'm so glad I captured that memory and moment because I can remember how great it was. 

Design wise, I tried my hand at some hand script. 

Meh. 

I don't like it. But, I'm keeping it. Because that's how we do. I used the gelato to do it. I think I just need a better brush. Still... I'm sticking with Thickers. ;) 


Thanks for swinging by today!





No comments: