9.10.2014

Behind the Art with Jen

Hi artsy friends!  I am finally back to share a page from my Thrive kit!  I LOVED working with this theme and the papers from the kit are amazing!  I chose to create this particular page around an accomplishment.  I ran my 3rd 5K but this one was an obstacle race.  It was challenging, scary, and fun!  I didn't think I could do it all but I did!  I have trained for 7 months and keep surprising myself. My running is thriving with friends.  I love to run with a group because it doesn't seem so hard or scary when you are with others. 
 The name of the race was "Vino and the Beasts" as it was run in a local vineyard.  We ran along the road, through the vines and even around the outside of the property.  It was so fun!  Some of the obstacles were to climb over high ramps or crawl through mud.  I never thought I'd do that!  At the end we were rewarded with free wine tastings!  That was one of the best parts... the reward!

 For this page, I used some of the distress paints that we have gotten in previous kits to add more color.  The Crafter's Workshop mask was so cute!  I used it in two ways... with paint over it and as a stamp.
 Embellishing with the stickers and tags were perfect.  I added those inspirational quotes and words to bring my experience together.  Lots of laughs and celebrations!
 I already registered and formed my team for next year's race!  I know it won't seem so scary or intimidating then.  I have come a long way!
What have you done that you never thought you could do?  Is there something you have grown from that has changed how you think of yourself in a good way?

No comments: