8.13.2014

Behind the Art with Jen


 Jen here to share a journal page I did this month with the "Liberation" kit!  It's my birthday month... I just turned 40 and had to kiss my 30's goodbye.  That was hard to do.  I won't lie, this has been an emotional decade.  Lots have happened in my 30's that have changed me as a person forever.  Some things are amazing and some have been difficult but needed.  I became a mother to both of my children in my 30's.  I got my National Board Certification in Art education, lost 30 lbs, gained 35 lbs., and started running (resulting in my weight loss journey again) and have completed three 5k races before 40 years old.  I've learned a lot about myself.  I've been very disappointed in myself, realized I'm stronger than I thought and am so proud to say that I've accomplished goals that I thought I could never do.  But it's still a journey and I think my 4o's will be even more memorable than my 30s! 
 I usually don't work in a 9x12" format but this page is in a journal and I decided it would now house my layouts for these kits.  I love the idea that 4-5 of the pages each month will be in a bound book in an art journal format!  So I am challenging myself to work a bit differently.  It feels more natural to me.
 Love those wood print letters/numbers!  This page was made to welcome my life in a new decade.  I can't wait to see what the 40's bring me.  Age is only a number after all! 

 Have any of your age milestones been recorded?  If not, why not reflect on what was learned or goals you want to accomplish in the next decade.

 

No comments: