7.07.2014

Behind the Art with Stacey

Welcome to July and our new kit, Perspective.  This theme came at the perfect time for me...like a blessing and a gentle reminder.  I was in a bad place, feeling sorry for myself and consumed with worry.  I received the mailing box with the kit and didn't open it for over a week because my desire to scrap was no where to be found.  When I did pull it out of the mailing box, I read the title and smiled.  It was meant to be for me to explore this word.

My first page this month shares why I was so worried and feeling very down.  I have been having some issues involving my face. Stinging and burning were constant and my skin was a bit of a mess.  I went to the dermatologist and was told that I have rosacea.  I immediately panicked because it is a chronic condition.  Having an issue involving your face provokes some anxiety.  This page was made shortly after I found out.

 
The themes are very pronounced on this page.  I used a photo of me with my face not really showing because sometimes I feel like I want to hide.  I also incorporated the mirrors because I have been avoiding and yet, constantly, seeking them. I am a nervous and obsessive person so I don't always deal well with things I can't control. I placed the butterfly down as a symbol of hope even though I felt sad. 
 


I picked the red paper to represent the redness that occurs with rosacea.  I stuck the words lovely and cute under the red paper on purpose.  I share my feelings and my thoughts. 



I am happy to say that the rosacea is mild and I am on medication, which is helping.  I have made some changes in my diet and I am feeling better already.  I needed it to be put in perspective.  I don't have a life-threatening disease or a life-changing disability.  I have many blessings in life and there are ways to manage this condition.  My being anxious and stressed was only hurting the situation.

I love when a creative outlet can help you communicate your thoughts, help you express your worry.  By the time I was done with this page, I felt relieved and proud.

No comments: