7.31.2014

Behind the Art with Felecia

My final share for our month of Perspective is for my Lens of Faith layout.

This is a deeply personal project – on the subject I value as much as my own life – my faith. I believe completely it comes before all other things. I hope that it is evident to others that this faith is the lens through which I want to see all things.

There is a song by Brandon Heath that says:

Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing 
Give me Your love for humanity 
Give me Your arms for the broken-hearted 
The ones that are far beyond my reach 
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten 
Give me Your eyes so I can see

My faith has quite literally changed my life. I’ve struggled with so many feelings of inadequacy…or interestingly enough, being far too much. And as I’ve dug into God, He’s taught me to see things much differently. While I realize that my kind of Faith is not perhaps for everyone, I just couldn't side step this perspective in my own life - how much it affects my life. 

Sometimes, when we get very involved in what others think of us, the fear that we are just not “right” is crippling…and my faith has carried me through that. 


The camera stencil is an amazing symbol to use for the "lens" idea...plus I wanted to use the subtle contrast of the Distress paint against kraft paper. Faith is like that - its a step away from where you are, a different angel, a new understanding of the same situations, the same people, the same obstacles, the same challenges that life presents. The thing is that its one step today and then one step a month from now, and then maybe one step another year after that. You sort of don't realize how far you have come until you look back at the snap shots and see...


I choose to believe that Love wins...I call this my "rose colored" lens...to view life through the lens of love, to assume (and expect) the best possible outcome, to point my feet in a direction and go, dealing kindly with all I meet along the way - THIS is what a Lens of Faith has done for me. 


In all honesty, I hope my life shows this...that people don't have to see a layout to know these things about me. BUT, its revealing to write it down, to expose it for myself and to understand fully how much this is part of who I am.

Do you have a lens through which you either aspire to or actually see the events around you? Has there been something in your life that caused you to step to one side or another of where you were and look again at the world around you?


No comments: