4.08.2014

Behind the Art with Melissa

Hi everyone!

This month we are CELEBRATING at Inside Out and the kit contents we have are so perfect for symbolizing that thought. I wanted to begin the month by sharing with you a layout I created celebrating something exciting in my own personal life.

If you are a sports fan, you can relate with me, I'm sure! The content might seem "surface-y" but, I'm a firm believer in celebrating EVERY celebratory moment of our life. :)

I've been a long time Seattle Seahawks fan so, you can imagine my joy this year. (That's if you keep up with American Football and the Super Bowl... my team WON!)

I can't even tell you how exciting and thrilling it was to watch my beloved team win. It's been a VERY long time coming and I felt proud to be a Washington Native. Not to mention... a TRUE Seahawks Fan. 


Have you ever experienced something like this? It may not have been YOU that won the game. You were not the one actively participating or even a coach. But, somehow, you felt the emotions deep within. I think that a lot of comes from a sense of community. It also comes from a deep connection we have with where we are from, how we identify ourselves and what we are passionate about. 



With this layout I pulled colors that went well with the Seahawks colors of blue and green. Easy peasy. :) I used the wood veneers, that are available to our new subscribers, and sprinkled them around my layout - confetti style. 

This is TOTALLY OUT OF MY ELEMENT. I like things tidy. Simple. Clean. But, I knew I wanted this layout to ooooooooze with happiness and celebration. 


I did some fussy cutting (out my element again) and cut out the pom pom banner from one of the papers by Websters Pages. 


The pops of pink stars help with the celebration and giving a little oomph to the overall design.

I guess the moral of the story with this page could be that we should never give up hope. Always believe. And then celebrate like nobodies business when the goal is accomplished. 




No comments: