3.17.2014

Behind the Art with Stacey

I hope you are enjoying the March kit, Honesty.  I really loved the variance with the colors in the kit.  Some were ultra girlie while others were muted.

The paper from Authentique motivated me to create a page about my son.  The colors and textures were masculine.  When I heard that the kit was about honesty, the first person I thought of was my son.  He is so honest.  As in he can't lie.  Even when he tries, he comes back at a later time to tell the truth.  It is just within him.


I decided to put everything in the center on this page.  I think his honesty and virtue should be rewarded so I used the orange pocket right next to his photo.  It conveys how I feel about Nathan.  I really wanted to ground the photo so I used the wood veneer, bright blue paper, circle and the large label.

 
To make the He title pop, I adhered the letters to a darker sheet of paper.  Then I freely cut around the edges.  It totally worked.

 
Because the background was so textured, I knew I couldn't journal on the paper.  So I decided to include some hidden journaling. 
 
I love this page about my son and I hope he feels proud when he reads it later in life!
 
 

No comments: