2.13.2014

Stand... Behind the Art with Heather

It's time for another behind the art segment! 

Here's one of the pages I made this month with the February "Intention" kit. 







When I was looking through the papers in the kit, I constantly came back to the My Mind's Eye "Chalk Studio" paper that had some awesome typographical quotes on it. I wish I had two pieces of that paper so I could use ALL of the quotes on layouts. then I'd have another to use the cute pattern of grey polka dots on the reverse side too. :) 

So, when I was reading the quotes, this one stood out to me: Stand and be not moved. I thought, "Do I intend on standing and not letting anyone move me?" I am a pleaser. Sometimes too much. So this quote is reminding me to INTEND not to move. Be stronger. Believe in yourself and don't worry about what others think. I want to do this more. I feel like I'm starting to feel this way, but I need some extra encouragement. So hopefully I can keep looking back at this page and think, "Yes! That's what I want to do!" I intend to live my life in my own way. 

Symbolism-- Lots of cameras on this layout. Symbolizing me! Also I used that cute little geotag enamel shape on the end of my quote to symbolize "I am here." I used a couple of feathers to represent freedom. Freedom from trying the please everyone. Freedom in being myself.



No comments: