2.17.2014

Behind the Art with Stacey

Happy Monday everyone!  Today, I am sharing a cutesy, yet meaningful page using the February kit.  I was drawn to some of the cuter elements in this kit, particularly in thinking about my young daughter.

Because of that, this page was born. I love the banners on the Hazel & Ruby paper.  It is super cute and really reminded me of my daughter.  I decided to cut two strips like banners and stream them along the page.  I picked the banners that used words closest to my story.


I used the bright yellow to make the photo pop.  The camera is symbolic because I am encouraging my girl to look closely at herself.  She has to decide which lens she wants people to see her through. 

 
I added the large circle and the You tag to continue to put the focus on my daughter and how she needs to look inside herself.  I recorded a conversation we had recently.
 

I think the journaling part can sometimes be hard for people.  One easy way to go deep and to record your thoughts is to write down a meaningful conversation.  My daughter and I refer back to this talk often so I like that it is documented on a page.

Meaningful and cute!

No comments: