2.11.2014

Behind the Art with Melissa

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday!

Are you a goal setter? Do you like to make sure you have something to strive for?

I do.

Almost to a fault.

Because sometimes those goals are just silly. Let's be honest. Let's not sugar coat. Even with the best intentions, some of the goals I set aren't really goals. They are plans I've set forth for myself that, I know full well, aren't and most likely won't be reality. 

I'm not trying to be a "debbie downer" here. I think goals are very important and good to have. I'm talking about those goals like, "In one week I will be 100 pounds lighter and be married to a rich man who will supply me with all the necessary things I need to scrapbook." 

Um.

You see what I'm talking about? Yes, that example might be a little bit exaggerated but, I'm hoping you can see my point. These are the kind of goals I tend to make for myself. It's no wonder that I've been let down many, many, many, many, many, many times. (Haven't we all?)

For the longest time my thoughts were, what the heck is wrong with me? But, there is nothing wrong with me. There is just something wrong with how I'm going about this. Not matter what my intentions are. 


Enter this layout. A layout that I chat about goals not met. Goals that have left me a little depressed. Goals that left me feeling defeated instead of motivated. 

So, I'm going about goal-making a little differently. I'm not 21 anymore. I'm pushing 40 and it's time to think about goals that make me a better person. Not goals that push my status (whatever that means.)  The goals I set for myself now, are to be true to myself. To be brave. To believe and have faith that God has all things in control. It's not easy but, it's a lot better than placing ideals in my head that aren't healthy. 


The symbolism in this kit is divine and so perfect for this layout! I punched lots of circles because, I feel like I've come full circle with my life. I've taken lots of journeys. I've done lots of inward work. The camera is such a great way to symbolize capturing a thought or moment. This is something I definitely want to capture and remind myself of, down the road. 


Does this resonate with you? How are you with making goals and how are your intentions for reaching them? What are you intending to do with those goals? Go create and journal your thoughts! 




No comments: