2.19.2014

Behind the Art with Jen Matott

My third page this month is my favorite from this kit.  Immediately, I was drawn to the Glitz paper with the drips!  I knew I had to cut some of those out and use them on this page.  I wanted to focus on my intention to "dream big" but have the attitude that what will be will be.  Intentions are only as good as the action you provide to make them happen. 
 Sometimes my big intentions are a bit overwhelming and I get stressed about the length of my wants and to do lists.  I have to remember to breathe and enjoy the journey too.
After I cut out the drips and glued them to the grey cardstock, I started by die cutting banner/ triangles using my Cricut with the cardstock and some patterned papers.  I created different sizes and some with cut out shapes inside.  These were attached with glue and staples. I doodled inside the shapes with a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT® Artist Pen.
.
I used some of the punched out shapes all over to add interest and splattered watered down Gelatos® Color in Black Licorice.

I love the colors of this page and it makes me WANT to do creative things!  I intend to keep creating this year (my One Little Word too) and making new things that make me happy!

What will you intend to do this year? How to you not get overwhelmed by all that you want to do?


No comments: