11.19.2013

November Guest Designer: Katie Smith

We are thrilled to have Katie Smith as our guest designer this month. Let's get to know her better and learn more about one of her layouts, using the November kit WISDOM.


Hi, I’m Katie. I’ve been scrapbooking since I was about 10, and have fallen in love with scrapbooking and other crafts over the years. Recently I have been published in multiple Creating Keepsakes Magazine issues, and was a runner up and finalist in both the 2011 and 2010 Creating Keepsakes Teen Talent Contests.
I love to scrapbook my travels and events, but I also scrapbook everyday moments and journal them. Being a part of Scrapbooking from the Inside Out has helped me scrapbook and write out my feelings more than I did before.
 
Katie chose to share more about her layout titled "Enjoy".

For this layout I really wanted to journal about something that’s very important to me and has always seemed wise, Enjoying the little things in life. The sunrises, the laughs, favorite little things that make me happy. As I wrote in my journaling... “In the end, They’re what really matters.”
I love using quotes on my layouts. They' make it easy to use as a journaling prompt.


I used a photo I took at a recent campout we took to Lake Arrowhead of the sun setting. I think sunsets and sunrises are just so beautiful, I can just sit and watch them forever. Since the photo is from Lake Arrowhead, I used the wonderful cork arrows from the kit to symbolize that. I love the texture of those cork arrows. I also fussy cut out a few arrows from the fun arrow patterned paper in the kit.

I wanted to use multiple papers for the background, but still have plenty of white space for my journaling so I trimmed the corner of my patterned paper off at a slanted angle and layered paper and cardstock underneath it to get it back to 12”x12”. I think this adds a bit of visual interest.


-----------

Thank you so much for sharing Katie! 

Be on the lookout for another post showcasing more layouts that Katie created using this months kit.



No comments: