11.25.2013

Behind the Art with Lori

Happy Thanksgiving week!
I am so grateful and so blessed. As you know,
we're showcasing our WISDOM kit this month. 
I'm wrapping up my posts this month with my final layout about wisdom:


This quote by Khalil Gibran really grabbed me:
"Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep,
too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself."
OH! The truth! We don't want to be wise just for wisdom's sake...
it's important to temper that wisdom with the beauty of being human.

I used a patchwork of the patterned paper to show the mishmash of life and the arrows pointing in
on "itself" as a symbol of that selfishness in which we all can get caught up.
I used last month's stencil of arrows again to symbolize
this as a reminder of which direction to take.



I like how this one turned out and, again, is another reminder to me to seek wisdom, but
also to be humble and reach out within that wisdom. 



Remember, you can get your kit here.
Our inspiration page is jam packed. 
Join us on the forums for challenges and chatter.
Make sure to check out the gallery!
And like us on facebook to keep up with all the latest!
xo
Lori


No comments: