8.28.2013

Behind the Scenes with Lori : Enchantment

Hi there! Lori here, and this month I thought I'd share the
 behind the scenes of this layout:


Whew...ok, let's talk about boys. If you would have told me 20 years ago that I would be turning 40, still single, no kids and no potential mates in sight, 
I would have thought  you were crazy.
Yet, here I am...

This month at SFTIO, we're all about ENCHANTMENT. 
Sigh.
What prompted you to pick this take on Enchantment ?
Let's face it, I grew up on Disney and John Hughes films and there was no way 
I wasn't going to find my perfect mate! I mean, that's the way it went: you go to college, meet your spouse, get married, have kids and live happily ever after!? Right? Wrong!
I know there are others out there who feel this way, who are a bit disillusioned by the whole idea of romance, and whose expectations have been seemingly completely ignored.

Why did you choose this photo? 
This is my annoyed face. period. :P

How do you feel about the message of your layout?
I included some hidden journaling as I was thinking about this topic.


I can look back now and see the strength I've gained being on my own. I'm much more independent and comfortable with who I am. 
I can learn from other's mistakes without experiencing the heartache.
As a person of faith, my knowledge that God is at work even when it doesn't seem like it is prevalent. I KNOW His way and will are best and He has not failed me. The waiting is the hardest part. I'm trying to use the waiting to continue to learn and grow and trust. 

What symbolism did you pull into your design?
I loved this patterned paper and the romantic feel of the huge flowers and book pages. I added some stenciling to create a bit of chaos and add some geometric lines to the flowery background. I loved the little frame and wanted to add a little whimsy and humor with the silhouette and question mark.


Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page.
 This is a pretty personal page for me to share. I love the way it turned out and hope it speaks to some of you who are also in the "waiting place".
For me, I consider myself, " no, not hopeless, hopeFUL. I'm a hopeful romantic". --Romancing the Stone

The site is still being worked on, but you can get your own
August ENCHANTMENT kit from the blog HERE.
The message boards are up and running, as is the pinterest board.
Challenges have begun being posted on Facebook and here are some prompts to get you started!...we'd love you to play along and you don't need a kit to do so!

Make sure to check out the Design Team Gallery and our guest design team member, Jordan's gallery, too!

Hope you're finding some time to be enchanted this month!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: