8.07.2013

Behind the Scenes with Kiki - Enchanted

Hi everyone! Kiki here again with the Behind the Scenes using the Enchantment kit.



What prompted you to pick this take on Enchantment ?
Having just spent a week's vacation in Quebec City, it was very easy to think of using these photos with the Enchantment kit. The city is so old and full of history, as well as a gorgeous hotel, the Chateau Frontenac, and the old city is surrounded by ramparts. It's quite beautiful and easy to think of yourself living in a time where castles and princes on horses would live.

Why did you choose this photo?
These photos really do express the whole gamut of our vacation - a dream come true, but not without its wet, rainy moments. Just being there feels magical.

How do you feel about the message of your layout?
It's hard to do a layout and capture the feeling of an entire week, but I think this really did. It says that even when you are in the most wonderful setting, you may still have dark clouds, but you can't let them overtake how you feel in that wonderful moment in time.

What symbolism did you pull into your design?
The kit included some wonderful journal cards and the card I used was perfect for what I was trying to express. You can have rain, just don't let it crowd out the sunshine.

Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page.
After designing this layout I knew that I wanted to have something small and portable to keep with me, to get me through this year of work, looking forward to my next vacation. I decided that I'm going to do a similar mini album using badge card holders to remind me day-to-day of this trip. But this page is something that I can look at quickly and feel those emotions again, just with a few photos.

Hope to see your take on Enchantment in our gallery soon!

http://kiki-halbert.blogspot.com

No comments: