5.08.2013

Behind the scenes with Nicole Martel

Hi everyone. Nicole here. Today I want to share with you a little about how I created this layout... I'm going to share my thought process and the emotions I had while creating this layout.


What prompted you to pick this take on curiosity?

At first, I wasn’t sure what to scrap. When I think of curiosity I think of being nosey and asking questions etc. So while I was thinking about what to scrap about, I started thinking of my grandmother. I spent a great deal of my time with her when I was younger, but I never really got to know her beside being my “momom” and being the best person I knew. I loved her dearly… I remember one day when I was about 7-8 asking her how old she was and she told me that it didn’t matter… so I guess that stopped me from asking about what she used to do for a living, or what ever happened to pop? Or what did she like to do besides watch The Price is Right and Jepardy. All of these years later, I still wonder.

Why did you choose this photo?

It’s my favorite photo of the two of us. I was 19 and this was taken at my high school graduation party.

How do you feel about the message of your layout?

It was very emotional seeing her face while I scrapped this layout… but I’m glad I did it. It feels good to remember the times I had with her even if I never got the chance to get to know her “inside and out”. What symbolism did you pull into your design? I used some flowers and butterflies because they make me happy and remind me of her. Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page. I’m sad, but glad that I documented this…



No comments: