5.15.2013

Behind the Scenes with Diana Brodeur

Hello everyone. Diana here to share with you a behind the scenes look at one of my layouts from this month's Curiosity kit.

  

What prompted you to pick this take on curiosity ?

I dug into a past memory for this layout. I loved when my grandmother and mom baked goodies and how the kitchen smelled when the cakes or cookies were baking. When I was 16 I wanted to try and bake a goodie of my own. It was a total flop but it did not sate my curiosity for baking. Years later and lots of practice, I finally have the baking thing down pad!

Why did you choose this photo?

This is a picture of one of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. It took me lots of attempts and various recipes to satisfy my curiosity of the perfect texture and flavor.

How do you feel about the message of your layout?

I feel it conveys my curiosity for baking and learning new recipes. It's something that I hope my daughters are curious once they get older.

What symbolism did you pull into your design?

The flower symbolizes my growth in baking. Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page. I am happy that I documented this little tid bit about my past. It's something that I don't want to forget. I want my kids to know that it is ok to try new thing and that practice makes perfect.

 

No comments: