4.17.2013

Behind the Scenes with Lori



Hi everyone!
LORI here to give you a little insight into my
layout:




What prompted you to pick this take on FORTUNE?
I love this quote and am really focusing this year on being brave in my life.

Why did you choose this photo?
I consider this more of an art journal page and want to show the versatility of our kits. I find that sometimes not using a photo is a great way to draw the eye to the images and/or words I want to be the focus.

How do you feel about the message of your layout?
I think that painting the title shows boldness...just what I wanted.

What symbolism did you pull into your design?
I tried to find several ways to use imagery and symbols on this page. The jars, to me, show fortune or "wishes", I used the watercolor paint and the bright colors to reinforce boldness and the little envelope as kind of a reminder that I have that boldness and bravery inside. I just have to "let it out"...of the envelope...to open the jars and see what's inside, etc.

Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that 
you have "let it all out" on this page.
I want to be bold in my life...I think reminding myself through my art
and then sharing that art
is like making that promise to myself.

Make sure to check out our Design Team Gallery to
see all the different ways we interpreted "fortune"!


No comments: